Saturday, August 9, 2008

Face the Judge

People who know me know that I love to cook, and those who are not so close to me are probably surprised by it... The Food Network is on at my house often and I love watching it and getting creative ideas. One of my favorites is Iron Chef America... I watch the new episodes on Sunday nights!!! Anyway... today I totally vegged out and didn't want to do much of anything, so when dinner time came around I copped out and make box macaroni and cheese, watermelon, and crystal light... a perfect meal for my kids right... My little Abbie is my food critic and when I called her to dinner tonight she randomly says, "Mom, it's time to face the judges...{I'm the judge, ok mom?}" and I said OK...

Judge: I can tell you put a lot of time into this dish....
Me: Yeah, I made it especially for you....
Judge: How do you get this so creamy
Me: lots of butter
Judge: This drink is wonderful, I detect raspberry undertones
Me: yes, crystal light is good like that huh, it really tastes like raspberry lemonade....
Judge:how did you think of this side dish? Watermelon is perfect and juicy
Me: I'm a genius mom and chef!!!

I'm so glad that my kids appreciate total laziness on my part!!!! I should do it more often....

5 comments:

a. rhoton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andra said...

Isn't butter the perfect ingredient to any meal???

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post! Abbers is so funny!....thanks soooo much for watching Max, he loves you and your kiddos! :)

Tess Marie Rhoton said...

Last week I made Macaroni and cheese out of the box, which is very uncommon around my house too, I always make it from scratch. Anyway Taylor told me that she loved this "special" macaroni and cheese. That I should make it more often. I just smiled. Sometimes easy is best, I guess.

{The Rhotons} said...

I can't wait for kids who will hopefully be less critical judges than my husband. Shane makes his own mac n' cheese because he says I don't do it right! And to be honest, his is better. Guess I should just be grateful for the break from making dinner!